Lily and Griffin played soccer for the first time this fall. For those of you who know Jake very well, you know that was pretty hard for him. (Not really, but he really doesn't love soccer) Since Jake and I both don't know a ton about soccer, we weren't much help to the kids, but they had fun and that's what matters. Griff had to cut his season short because he broke his foot. He was playing on a little ledge we have next to our basement windows and jumped and must have landed wrong. It was a pretty big pain for a while, but he's all better now. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of his walking boot. Anyway, at least now it is recorded for posterity
My cute Mom made this soccer cake for the kids. It was so nice of her. She made a similar cake for my brother when he played soccer when he was young. It was so nice of her and a really fun surprise for Lily and Griff.
My parents helped clean out and divide up my grandpa Aldridge's (my Mom's dad) things since my Grandma Kathryn moved in with her daughter. My Dad saw this chess set and thought of Griff since he has recently become really interested in chess. He loves to play. He hasn't quite learned all the rules, but he is getting better. (I'm no help, I've never played)
They also brought us this keyboard that was my Grandpa's since we don't have a piano yet. My siblings and I have a lot of memories playing with that keyboard. Also if you notice the picture above, you'll see that Sam decided it was time to take down the wallpaper in our family room. There was a tiny corner that was coming up, and before I was able to glue it back down, Sam happened. Look for a post in the near future of our newly transformed room. I will just say if you are considering wallpapering, make sure you take some down first so you know what a huge pain it is. It might change your mind. :)
.
My cute Mom made this soccer cake for the kids. It was so nice of her. She made a similar cake for my brother when he played soccer when he was young. It was so nice of her and a really fun surprise for Lily and Griff.
My parents helped clean out and divide up my grandpa Aldridge's (my Mom's dad) things since my Grandma Kathryn moved in with her daughter. My Dad saw this chess set and thought of Griff since he has recently become really interested in chess. He loves to play. He hasn't quite learned all the rules, but he is getting better. (I'm no help, I've never played)
They also brought us this keyboard that was my Grandpa's since we don't have a piano yet. My siblings and I have a lot of memories playing with that keyboard. Also if you notice the picture above, you'll see that Sam decided it was time to take down the wallpaper in our family room. There was a tiny corner that was coming up, and before I was able to glue it back down, Sam happened. Look for a post in the near future of our newly transformed room. I will just say if you are considering wallpapering, make sure you take some down first so you know what a huge pain it is. It might change your mind. :)
.

No comments:
Post a Comment